The Elements of a Good Night’s Sleep
What if there was a checklist of what you could do to ensure that you get a good night's sleep every night? It seems to be too good to be true for many people, especially those who struggle with getting a good night’s sleep. The good news is that there are things that you can do that are going to increase your chances of getting a good night’s sleep, or at least help you to sleep a bit deeper than what you normally get, which is when you are getting your most restful sleep.
So, what can you do? We have a list that you are going to want to follow:
- Check to ensure that you are using the right pillow. There are differences in pillows, so this is not something that is a one size fits all. When you are a back sleeper you need something different than those who sleep on their side. Sleep Artisan has a full line of pillows that cater to those sleeping positions to ensure that you get a great sleep that is comfortable.
- What material are your sheets made from? There are materials out there that may be beautiful, but they can actually make it harder to sleep without feeling as though you are in a sauna. The key is to get something that is breathable and that is going to stick to your mattress, rather than popping off and causing you to get your legs stuck.
- Be sure to limit the time that you spend on screen or watching television before you are getting ready to go to bed. The screens are known for making our brains think that it is not time to settle down and sleep. So at least 30 minutes before bed, avoid screens. This includes e-readers as the brightness can have the same effect.
- Avoid any type of caffeinated beverage before bed as this can hype you up. Try to avoid these at least a few hours before going to bed, as caffeine affects every person differently.
- Try to decorate your bedroom in dark colors. Consider painting the walls a bit darker. When the room is dark, our brains are more likely to slow down and allow us to go to sleep.
- Try a cup of calming lavender tea before bed, to help calm you down and make you a bit drowsy.
- If you need sound to go to sleep, try a noise machine. There are tons of options and they can help to relax you and allow you to sleep deeper.
With these 7 tips, you are going to find that you can sleep better and often get to sleep faster. Consider all these tips, what are you doing in these that could be affecting your sleep? Often, we don’t realize that we are doing things that makes it harder to go to sleep. With a few changes, you will be surprised at just how well you could have been sleeping all along! Say goodbye to sleepless nights and hard mornings.