Natural health remedies are an alternative way to stay healthy and enhance your immune system. These remedies can help you both in the long and short term and are especially useful during the cold and flu seasons.
Natural health remedies have been used for centuries to fight common discomforts such as toothaches, stomach aches, and colds. In today's world, people are returning to this trend as more negative reports are released on the negative long-term effects of pharmaceutical products.
Natural Health Remedies Proven to Work
No matter how much you feel you need relief from an ailment, make sure the home remedy treatment you choose does not interfere with other medications you are taking. This factor is especially critical if you are taking prescription medications. Always talk with your doctor before trying alternative remedies!
- Peppermint- For more than a hundred years, people have been using mint as a natural health remedy. Oil from the peppermint plant works for irritable bowel syndrome and has had positive effects against headaches.
- Honey- Honey is also used as a natural health remedy. It has shown to be effective for curbing coughs. If you have a small child, it could work for them, as over-the-counter cough syrups are not recommended for children. Note: Pediatricians recommend waiting until your baby is at least 12 months before introducing honey.
- Turmeric- The turmeric spice is effective for numerous conditions. This spice helps treat skin rashes, ulcers, fatty liver, and arthritis. High doses, however, may lead to digestive issues. Talk with your doctor before taking turmeric as a supplement.
- Ginger- Ginger has been used in Asian cultures for centuries to treat nausea, diarrhea, and stomachaches. Some who use this product claim it helps with menstrual cramps as well. If you are taking medications on a regular basis, talk with your doctor before using ginger.
- Green tea- Green tea is a comforting drink that is said to keep one alert and awake. This product has powerful antioxidants that can protect your cells from being damaged. Green tea is said to help you fight off disease and lower the odds of heart disease.
- Garlic- Garlic is another product used as natural health remedies for hundreds of years. It is said to lower your blood pressure and cholesterol, and even stave off the common cold.
- Neti Pot- The Neti Pot is a natural health remedy to help relieve allergies and cold symptoms created by sinus congestion. By placing a warm saline mixture into the pot and pouring through your nostrils, you will experience relief quicker than using medications.
- Cinnamon- Other natural health remedies include cinnamon. This product has shown effectiveness in controlling a person's blood sugar. There is down-side to cinnamon, however, in that it can damage your liver if taken in large doses.
- Aloe Vera- Aloe Vera gel can be harvested from inside the leaves of the Aloe Vera plant, and is a natural remedy for treating skin conditions such as psoriasis, acne, dryness, burns, and even small scrapes and cuts to speed up healing time!
- Get a good night's sleep- A good night's sleep is vital to your overall health. You should never underestimate the benefits of getting proper rest every night.
Sleep Artisan is a family-owned business that deals in organic, toxin-free bedding. Our handcrafted, quality bedding should be part of your quest to maintain proper health. All bedding products are created from natural materials to contribute to a healthier life and great sleep!